Experience authentic Northern Italian cuisine in the heart of downtown Portland.
Chef Paolo Laboa of Solo Italiano cooks true Genovese food, fresh from the farm and the sea, prepared from the heart by the winner of both the Best Young Chef in Italy (1990 & 1992) and the Pesto World Championship (2008).
Saturdays March 3rd and 10th will not include MRW menu due to volume concerns. We appreciate your understanding and look forward to seeing you whenever you decide to visit.
Location:100 Commercial St
Dinner Hours:Sun - Thu, 4:30 pm - 9:30 pm; Fri, 4:30 pm - 10pm; Dinner service starts every evening at 5 pm *MRW not available on Saturdays*
We will actually be featuring a five course meal for Maine Restaurant Week.
1) Chiavarine con Prosciutto: Lightly-fried safe foccacia with burrata and prosciutto
2) Misticanza del Campo: Organic farm greens and chicories, shaved pecorino, rosemary and garlic olive oil, balsamic
3) Maccheroncelli al Pesto Corto: Handmade pasta tossed with Paolo's revered basil pesto
4) Pesce alla Ligure: Fresh fish from local fish market prepared in a traditional Ligurian style with pine nuts, tomatoes, white wine, garlic and potatoes
5) Tiramisu: handmade daily dessert
All Five courses detailed in the Restaurant Notes above.